Welcome to the Peace Corps/Swaziland
This site was created to share Peace Corps experiences and resources with others. Peace Corps Volunteers have been working and living in Swaziland since 2003. Since then, Peace Corps Volunteers have worked to address the specific needs of Swaziland, its people and its resources.
Whats Happening in PC Swaziland Today - Visit the CURRENT EVENTS Tab to view current activities.
- CAPITAL CITY – Mbabane
- OTHER MAJOR CITIES – Manzini, Nhlangano, Piggs Peak, Big Bend, Lavumisa, Mankayane and Siteki.
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGES – SiSwati, English
- AREA (KM2) – 17,364
- POPULATION – 1,2033 (2011 estimate)
- GDP PER CAPITA IN PPP TERMS – 4.539
- LIFE EXPECTANCY AT BIRTH (YRS) - 48.7
- POPULATION LIVING BELOW $1.25 PPP PER DAY (%) - 78.59
- ADULT LITERACY RATE (% 15 AND ABOVE) - 86.9
- MEAN YEARS OF SCHOOLING (ADULTS OVER 25 YEARS) - 7.1
- CURRENCY – Lilangeni (SZL)
I am learning a lot about who I am and what I am capable of, and that I have lot more strength than I thought I did. Jennifer Former Volunteer in Swaziland